Monday, June 3, 2013

Grunt's first blog.

Sooooo I'm not generally much for bloggers, I don't sit in Starbucks sipping caramel macchiatto's with an extra shot so I'm gonna give her a whirl and we'll see how it turns out.
Odds are this blog isn't gonna be about anything deep, it'll probably be more about whatever is on my mind at the moment.... and at the moment.... it's... *drumroll*
POLO!!!!!!!
 What's the deal with British people and lame sports?
It's SERIOUSLY just horse hockey.
So I'm sitting out there in the back of a Ford Fusion drinking more Mountain Dew then I've had since I got to this island and I had NO idea what was going on.... I figure it was somewhat the same rules as hockey?
Real talk though I kinda watch it the same as NASCAR.... I just wanted to see a horse crash.... see the horses go up in a firey explosion. Polo has SO MUCH potential to be an amazing ESPN worthy sport..... think about it. Two teams.... full contact. Massive dudes on horseback swinging mallets at each other all in a mad rush to hit the ball between the posts. Dudes jumping from one horse to the other fighting other jockeys in an attempt to score touchdowns, or baskets, or goals or whatever in the name of Sam Hill the score in polo. Put it on Pay-per-view.... full contact Polo.... make it like the XFL..... the XPL Xtreme Polo League... have Lawrence Taylor and like..... some other massive athletically violent man commentationg..... or Al Michaels and John Madden. Sunday Night Polo.... Armor the horses up and give them awesome fighting horse names. Like diesel steed..... or Jim Neigh-bors (get it?)..... or Shadow stud horse of shadows.........
There is so much possible money to be made in the lucrative Polo industry.... but at the moment we think of Polo and think of three buttoned shirts, frat boys wear and people with pith helmets being watched by Brits sipping tea. All that Polo needs is it's own Polo superstar to bring it to the world!!!!
.... yah, polo.
Waking in 6 hours for work.... going to bed.......
Not bad for a first blog I think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment